At BeeHealthy, we rely on the knowledge preserved throughout generations of beekeeping, herbalism and botany experience. We maintained our traditions and cultivated our proven practices to provide you with the finest and 100% natural products in the UK. After being collected, we apply tested techniques to remove the walnuts shell allowing us to preserve their natural whole form. Our plants originate from various mountains and lowlands in Bulgaria, which is a place for over 770 different plants due to its diverse relief, soil and climate. Coming from the foot of the Balkan Mountains, our white walnuts are the highest grade no-shell organic kernels on the market.
Walnuts have many applications and numerous health benefits. The most-widely used intake of walnuts is in combination with honey. Here is how to prepare a healthy elixir from walnuts, honey and lemon in a medium sized jar:
– A handful of walnuts, cut in large;
– An average lemon (without bark), cut into small pieces;
– A little more than half a jar of raw honey (natural).
The supplements should be mixed well and then are ready for consumption. Take 2 or 3 tablespoons of the mix once a day.
We highly recommend to include walnuts in your daily consumption.
Walnuts Health Benefits
1. For a healthy heart. Those who have an increased risk of and suffer from cardiovascular diseases, walnuts offer great protection for blood vessels because they contain the important amino acid L-arginine. They are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It is known that omega-3 fats reduce the negative cholesterol in the body and promote the production of beneficial cholesterol. Consuming walnuts helps to lower blood pressure. The only thing you need for the above-mentioned health benefits are just four walnuts a day.
2. For good immunity and anti-aging effect. Walnuts contain several very powerful and unique antioxidants. Researchers named these supplements as “the remarkable 7”. They control the ageing process by fighting free radicals, supporting the immune system and preventing diseases. Studies have shown that polyphenols in walnuts can prevent chemically induced liver damage.
3. A healthy brain. Walnuts contain numerous compounds that can protect the brain, such as folic acid, vitamin E, omega-3 acids, melatonin and antioxidants. Eating nuts every day can protect against dementia, scientists suggest.
4. Helps in the fight against cancer. A new study puts walnuts consumption to lower the risk of pancreatic cancer, regardless of other potential risk factors. Nuts reduce the risk of breast cancer. Another study involving mice shows that eating nuts reduces the risk of developing breast cancer by half, and slows the growth of tumours by 50 percent.
5. Reduces blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Nuts contain healthy fatty acids that have been shown to improve the metabolic parameters of those who suffer from type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown that overweight and type 2 diabetics who eat a quarter cup of walnuts each day have sufficient reduction in insulin levels compared to those who do not take any nuts at all. All this is possible in 3 months.
6. Improve the reproductive health of men. One of the best-kept secrets around walnuts is how they improve male fertility. A study found that adding only 75 grammes of walnuts a day resulted in a significant improvement in sperm quality.
7. Weight control. Contrary to what people think, walnuts can be part of a weight loss diet. Several studies have shown that regular walnut consumption is unlikely to result in weight gain or obesity. In fact, 28 grammes of walnuts contain 2.5 grammes of omega-3 fat, 4 grammes of protein, and 2 grammes of fibre that provide satiety. Any successful weight adjustment plan should include the satiety factor. So the nut is undoubtedly the right food and is an important tool for weight loss.
8. Stronger bones. Walnuts contain indispensable fatty acids, called alpha-linolenic acid. Its compounds are associated with the growth of healthy bones. Also, consumption of omega-3 fatty acids through walnuts reduces inflammation related to robust bones for a long period of time.
9. Improves sleep. Walnuts contain a compound called melatonin, which is responsible for transmitting messages about the cycle of light and darkness to the body. Consumption of walnuts increases blood levels of melatonin improving the sleeping cycle. That is why walnuts can be a great way to improve sleep.
10. Stress reduction. If daily stress affects your health, it’s time to eat nuts as they lower stress levels. Researchers have found that incorporating walnuts and walnut oil into your diet reduces the blood pressure under stress.